St. Anthony-New Brighton Special Education Department facilitates the education of students, while encouraging them to attain their potential as lifelong learners in their communities.
- "All Students can learn and succeed, but not on the same day in the same way." (William Spady)
- We should plan for student success utilizing a strength-based approach, recognizing that all students have individual strengths and learning styles.
- Student success can only happen with collaboration, communication, and active participation of students, parents, special and general education staff.
- Assessment, evaluation, and curriculum should be research-based, developmentally appropriate, and meaningful to each student.
- Program success is a result of Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) and the availability of a full continuum of service.
- Students should be able to acquire with our instruction, guidance and support, lifelong skills in order to reach their optimal level of productivity and success.